The Pihole

 Well, I recently changed careers, and after more than 10 years doing Android development, I find myself working on a web-based application. I'm currently working for Zellerfeld, and I'm not going to lie, the onboarding was daunting, to say the least. I still don't feel like I know enough to actually do the work that I was hired to do, but here I am. In order to learn some of the technology that I use on my professional day today, I decided to put together a little pi-hole. There are thousands of tutorials online, so I won't bother you by explaining how I did it, though I will link a few of the links I use in order to set it up at the end of the post. 



I'm pretty proud of being able to put together this little device. I have played around with Raspberry Pies before. As a matter of fact, I created a little Raspberry Pi project before I joined Zellerfeld in order to familiarize myself with the tech stack. I am very proud of this little project. It was very easy to put together.

Pi-hole is a network-wide ad blocker and DNS sinkhole that protects every device on your home network without needing any special software installed on individual phones or computers.



Links


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First